Love to Love Life


Loving Life

Every Spring I meditate about new life, about resurrection. I seek to find how the living Christ is rolling away stones in my life and making what once was dead alive again. Every year I believe God confronts all humanity with this story. Some question the reality of the resurrection. The best answer I've discovered isn't found in archaeology, historical records, or even intelligent design; it's undeniably, powerfully hidden in living people who have been transformed and are being changed by a living Christ.
Why do you seek the living among the dead? He isn’t here, but is risen." (Luke 24:5,6, WEB)

Witnessing this real evolution and metamorphosis still leaves everyone with a choice: to believe or not to believe. When people's understanding about God is challenged by God, some people change their understanding; other people change their god. Some have never understood the ancient prophecy that He gave to every culture on earth:

"I will put hostility between you [the serpent] and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He [the Promised One] will crush your head, and you will crush His heel." (Genesis 3:15, WEB)

The ancient war between good and evil manifests. Faith reaches beyond negative experiences and memories to give us something which is just as real; in truth, more real, but much more delightful. For those who have learned how to trust, the prospect of hope is renewed. What do we hope for? Here's my partial answer: no more fights, no more struggle, crystal clear purpose, goodness, genuine belonging, permanent healing, loyal friendships, freedom from all bondage (curses and lies), lasting peace, wholeness, no more vicious enemies, answers without anymore questions, knowing, winning, succeeding, prospering without any setbacks or distractions, fearlessness, creating and making with His infused divine power and nature, destiny-actualization. It is the hope of evil and death being completely defeated, reclamation of everything lost, stolen, and destroyed in the fall of mankind.

"I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be your plagues; O grave, I will be your destruction: pity shall be hid from my eyes. " (Hosea 13:14, KJV)

If you somehow feel bad or guilty about the story of the crucifixion of Christ or how it relates to crucifixion in your own life, I think you've missed the point. Regardless of what you or the world thinks, you're worth a Holy Man's blood. The death of the old person is cause for rejoicing, not for wallowing in shame. In fact, shame is part of this old person. For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will also be part of his resurrection. (Romans 6:5, WEB)

Today we proclaim: "I am risen." Today we celebrate not just His resurrection, but ours, and not just a future event, but a present reality! All that remains is life from the dead, and a perpetual unfolding of new layers of life and resurrection. God is not merely inviting humanity to believe that He can do the impossible; He is wondering if we want to join Him in it.

But the path of the righteous is like the dawning light, that shines more and more until the perfect day.” (Proverbs 4:18, WEB)

Meditative prayer:
Lord, I love life. I love living in the abundant life that You offer me. Please bring me into the fullness of what this means, because I have been dead for so long. I hate death and all that it represents – rise me up from all that is dead and dying. Resurrect all of me, so Christ can fully be known in me and through me. You have destroyed death for me and given me the wisdom to love life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Whole Counsel of God (Why we stand with Bethel, Todd White, etc.)

Why Christians Should Believe for a Christian Nation

31 Days of Prayer and Declaration for Israel (May 2023)