Vulnerable versus Susceptible

Maybe I mean to ask, how do you know when you are being vulnerable in a healthy way as opposed to being susceptible in an unhealthy way?  

Discretion, is an art I am still mastering.

I'm not sure I have a full answer to my question either, it's just a question that I've been asking lately.

When I look at the life of Jesus I see that there are times when he was extremely vulnerable to the point where some people would question whether he was being vulnerable to a fault --which of course he wasn't. 

He just seems to take things farther than most of us are willing to consciously make ourselves go. and yet at other times he wouldn't leave himself unguarded for even an inch...as it says, He "didn't entrust himself to any man, because he knew what was in their hearts". 

When I look at his life I see that it came down to trusting what the Father had clearly spoken to him, because wherever he leads us he will guard us and protect us. Or else lead us through to some other joy and glory that's greater than the price required to get there. In either case, unconditional trust and surrender is required. 

Maybe in all his vulnerability he still didn't entrust himself to anyone but the Father. But from a human perspective, it certainly appears like he was susceptible to the will of those who wanted Him dead. 

But the end proved to be something quite different than what their will wanted, didn't it?

Fear often leads us into a lack of vulnerability or else into unprotected susceptibility. His love casts out all fear and helps guide us through the most impossible odds against our personal safety and self protection.

We need this kind of divine guidance as a nation right now


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Whole Counsel of God (Why we stand with Bethel, Todd White, etc.)

Why Christians Should Believe for a Christian Nation

31 Days of Prayer and Declaration for Israel (May 2023)