1 Corinthians 13 - Another Look at the Greek

1 Corinthians 13 - Another Look at the Greek



I did some in-depth study of the major vocabulary in 1 Corthians 13; here's what I came up with:

1 Corthians 13

If I speak with the tongues/languages of men and of angels and have not love I have become a loud, copper gong or a war-crying cymbal. 
And if I fortell the future and know the hidden doctrine and all there is to know and I have the faith to change mountains and have not love, I am no one -- a zero.

And if I divy out morsels of my possessions and give my body for vain-glory/to be famous [ie. professional sports, modeling, fame] and don't have love, I benefit no one.

The love is long-fused, useful, the love isn't jealous, doesn't boast, is not puffed up.

Not without shape (unpresentable), doesn't seek itself ("trying to discover himself"), not forced to have a sharp temper (provoked) [nothing shall offend them], doesn't think about evil or credit someone with wrong doing,

Doesn't rejoice in a lack of punishment or justice (someone "getting away with it"), but together rejoices in truth -- what is real/genuine.

Dams up everything [to avoid destruction or damage] that is real, trusts everything that is real, anticipates/expects everything that is real, stays behind and stays by for everything that is real.

The love never falls, but if it is prophecy, it will become idle and inoperative [who needs to fortell the future in timelessness?], if languages -- they will cease; if knowledge -- it will become idle and inoperative.

For we know a piece [of the puzzle], and we fortell a piece.

But when the end is come, the pieces will become idle and inoperative [the puzzle will be finished].

When I was an infant I spoke like an infant, I understood like an infant, I reasoned (used logic) like an infant.

When I became a man I rendered idle and inoperative that which was childish.

For we look through a mirror in riddles [like pieces of the puzzle], but then face to face [with God].  Now I know some pieces, but then I will know exactly just as I was also known [by God].

Now remains faith, expectation, and love - these three, but the greatest of these is love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Whole Counsel of God (Why we stand with Bethel, Todd White, etc.)

Why Christians Should Believe for a Christian Nation

31 Days of Prayer and Declaration for Israel (May 2023)